Sold By the Sq Ft
SHAPE AND SIZE
13 7/8" x 16 5/8" x 2 3/4"
8 3/8" x 13 7/8" x 2 3/4"
6 7/8" x 8 3/8" x 2 3/4"
88.61 Sq Ft Per Pallet
11.08 Sq Ft Per Layer
8 Layers Per Pallet
1.08 Units Per Sq Ft
96 Units Per Bundle
12 Units Per Layer
354.63 Lbs Per Layer
2837 Lbs Per Pallet
29.55 Lbs Per Unit
.92 Sq Ft Per Unit
RECOMMENDED BASE STABILIZATION – one layer of DriveGrid™" stabilization grid between subgrade and base material. Recommended depth 8” to 10” below pavers for maximum stability and performance. Use under Standard Base or Permeable Base.
STANDARD BASE – Min. 6” – 8” of ¾” Crusher Run gravel (any road base standard in accordance with ASTM-D2940) compacted to 98% Standard Proctor Density (SPD).
STANDARD BEDDING COURSE – 1” thick of coarse sand– in accordance with ASTM-D2940 screeded over base.
ALTERNATIVE PERMEABLE BASE – Min. 6” – 8” of ¾“ clear open-graded stone compacted to achieve full particle lock-up and consolidation. (Clear open-graded does not compact but does consolidate slightly by rattling the particles together.)
ALTERNATIVE PERMEABLE BEDDING COURSE – 1” thick of 1/4” clear open-graded chip stone – (ASTM No. 8) screeded over base.
SPECIAL NOTE: CONCRETE DIRECT OVERLAY – In some areas of the country and in some applications pavers are very successfully placed directly over concrete. Concrete as a base is in itself quite strong, but it can affect the structural integrity of the paver particularly in vehicular applications, where the concrete below is sub-par. The following considerations must be taken into account to insure that the concrete below the surface is ideal:
- Concrete integrity – concrete must be in good condition, and not crumbling
- Drainage slope – concrete below must be sloped away from all buildings and structures
- Drainage holes – In lowest areas of the concrete, drill 1” holes in concrete (on 12” centers) and fill holes with ¼” chip (ASTM No. 8)
- Base drainage - the area below the concrete must not be subject to frost movement
- Surface - surface must be totally smooth and flat equivalent to the desired finished surface
- Waterproofing - may be required when installing pavers over concrete where there is a basement or cold cellar below. Install an impervious rubber membrane over the surface prior to installing any pavers over the surface.
- Jointing Sand - Use an impervious po